Skin Hydration Tips
Guest Blogger: Tanya Skin Care
We all know that too much stress in our lives is never good. It has negative effects on both our minds and bodies, and directly influences our skin. When you’re stressed, your body feels the need to produce cortisol and other hormones, which then trigger your sebaceous glands to produce more oil. When skin is oily it is more prone to acne and other problems.
No matter your current state of being, drinking water is extremely important. However, it is vital when you are stressed. When we are feeling stressed, we might drink coffee or soda to alleviate anxiety and be more productive. These beverages can be dehydrating, and when your body isn’t getting the proper hydration it needs, your skin ends up looking and feeling aged, tired, pale, and lifeless.
Here are five simple things we can all do to help our skin when it comes to stressful times:
- HYDRATION, HYDRATION, HYDRATION- Always make sure to drink plenty of water. At least eight glasses each day; more if you can! You can also substitute heavily caffeinated or sugary drinks for something like green tea, which is full of healthy antioxidants. When it comes to diet, try to eat foods that have a high water content. There are fruits and vegetables that are up to 90% water, like celery, cucumbers, beets, or tomatoes for example.
- HYALURONIC ACID -For a quicker solution to hydrating your skin, use a serum that contains hyaluronic acid. Naturally occurring in your body, this ingredient hold 1,000x its weight in water. It even pulls moisture from the air into the skin, hydrating you instantly and leaving you with a gorgeous glow.
- TAKE A BREAK- The holidays can be an especially stressful time for everyone. Families are traveling, deadlines are being met, and last minute gift shopping all make for an anxious time. If you can, try to get plenty of rest now that the busyness has passed.
- DRINK MORE TEA- Pair The Mountain Valley with teas like Chamomile, Green, Peppermint and Dandelion, which are all great for your skin and keep you hydrated.
- TREAT YOURSELF TO A FACIAL- Facials are extremely beneficial to maintaining great skin, but if you aren't able to get regular facials, there are several things you can do at home. Steaming your face with Mountain Valley Spring Water is a deep cleaning method that uses hot water vapor to open pores. Regularly steaming your face with great quality water can help you remove layers of dirt and congestion from your skin. It's as easy as boiling water, pouring it into a bowl, and putting your face close to the steam. Your skin will soak up all the minerals and look and feel clean.
Tanya has worked as a skin care specialist for 10 years under some of the best of Santa Monica's clinics. After spending time refining her technique at Kate Somerville and Veronica Skin & Body Care Center, she opened her own skin care boutique, Tanya Skin Care. Click here to visit her website and learn more about her procedures, methods and techniques.