Primo Water North America
- Your use of our products and services;
- Offline services, including our Customer Care Center and door-to-door sales and delivery activities (collectively, "offline environments"); and
- Information shared with us by other sources.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in a variety of ways, such as when you:
- Order our products and services or create an account with us;
- Request support or submit an inquiry to our Customer Care Center;
- Sign up to receive information about our Company, our products and our services;
- Respond to surveys or participate in contests or promotions; or
- Post information to message boards or discussion forums accessible through our online environments.
The information we obtain may include:
- Identifiers, such as your real name, alias, postal address, e-mail address, phone numbers, or username;
- Demographic information, such as age and gender;
- Financial information, such as your bank account number, credit or debit card number, or other financial information, which we pass on to our third-party payment provider as described under the “HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section below;
- Transactional information, such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, equipment maintenance data to provide on-demand services, contract details, written signatures, or recordings of your calls to our Customer Care Center;
- Location information, including precise geolocation data in certain circumstances; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as through emails or other communications, social media pages, surveys, registrations and sign-up forms.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
When you visit our websites, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as through cookies, web beacons, web server logs and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of your website visits.
When you use our mobile apps, we also may collect certain information by automated means, such as through device logs, server logs and other technologies. The information we collect in this manner may include the device type used, the device’s mobile operating system, device identifiers and similar unique identifiers, device settings and configurations, IP addresses, battery and signal strength, usage statistics, referring emails and web addresses, dates and times of usage, actions taken on the mobile apps, and other information regarding your use of the mobile apps.
This information can make your use of our online environments easier and more meaningful by allowing us to provide better service, customize our online environments based on your preferences, compile statistics, provide you with more relevant advertisements, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve our online environments.
We may combine the information we collect through our online environments with information we collect through other online environments, such as third-party websites, and our offline environments, as well as with information provided by our partners. We use this consolidated information to help us improve our online environments, products, and services; to communicate information to you; to enhance our marketing and research activities; and to engage in any other uses described in the “HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section below.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS
Our advertising vendors may share information with us regarding our ads on websites or apps where such ads run. This enables us to measure and improve those ads by including information such as whether clicks on ads led to purchases, or a list of criteria to use in targeting ads. We may obtain information from other business partners, such as co-sponsors with whom we may partner to run special contests or other co-branded promotions. We also may obtain information from commercially available sources such as data aggregators, marketing firms, and public databases to provide us with additional information about consumers (this is known as “data appending”). This information may include name, demographic information, contact information, interests, and publicly available data, such as from social media.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We use the information we obtain to:
- Manage and fulfill orders, deliver products, process payments, and manage returns;
- Communicate with you, including to respond to requests for information and services, manage complaints, respond to support requests, and help you place an order;
- Develop and improve our products and services;
- Develop and manage co-branded partner relationships;
- Market and advertise our products and services;
- Invite you to participate in surveys regarding our products or services;
- Determine your eligibility for, and register you in, our contests and other promotions, fulfill and deliver prizes, and contact you regarding such contests or other promotions;
- Process payments;
- Maintain your account, provide you with access to certain features of our online environments, or offer you the benefits and privileges that typically come along with account registration;
- Operate and understand your use of our online environments, such as to recognize new or past visitors to our online environments, remember your personal preferences, show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements, better understand the interests of our consumers and visitors to our online environments; and conduct research and analyze the use of our online environments, products, services, and advertisements;
- Operate and improve our business, including to conduct analytics, provide quality assurance and process product-related claims, conduct research and development, and perform accounting, auditing and other internal business functions; and
- Perform legal and security functions, such as to detect, prevent, and prosecute harmful, fraudulent, or illegal activity, loss prevention, identify and repair issues on our online environments, and to comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
We also may use the information we collect in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
If you make a purchase through our online or offline environments and authorize us to use your payment card information, we will provide this information to our third-party payment provider, Elavon (for U.S. users) and Moneris (for Canadian users) to charge you as authorized.
Some of our applications and mobile-optimized online environments may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may access and use location data provided by your mobile device, if you have activated the geolocation/location services settings on your device. For example, we may offer shopping features that allow you to get information about local merchants.
With regard to our mobile apps’ communications, the default settings on application download enable us to send you notifications about your account, product deliveries, and product offerings. These settings may be modified through the notification settings feature of your mobile device. Your device’s operating platform also may provide you with a notification when our mobile apps attempt to collect your precise geolocation. Please note that if you decline to allow the apps to collect your precise geolocation, you may not be able to use all of the apps’ features.
We may use both manual and automated systems, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, to analyze personal information and technical information to improve our services; personalize your experience; automate certain aspects of our online environments; aggregate and anonymize information; provide you with certain features; and protect the safety and security of our online environments.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services in our online environments, such as Google Analytics. The providers of these analytics services use technologies such as cookies and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our online environments. The information collected through these means may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
To learn how to opt out of interest-based advertising in the U.S., please visit www.aboutads.info/choices, www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, and http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/ and in Canada, please visit https://youradchoices.ca/.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with the following persons or entities:
Legal Requests and Preventing Harm – We will disclose information as reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request; in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Primo; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues.
Change of Ownership or Control – We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer (or contemplate the sale or transfer of) all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar transaction or proceeding).
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THIRD PARTIES
Social Media Plugins – Our online environments may use social media plugins (for example, the Facebook "Like" button or "Share to X" button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our online environments, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your device, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our online environments. If you are logged into the social media website (for example, Facebook, X, Google+) while browsing on our online environments, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information about your visits to our online environments. The social plugins also may allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our online environments with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your "Likes" and comments on our online environments to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends' Facebook activity on our online environments. We do not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites, you should refer to those sites' privacy policies.
RIGHTS AND CHOICES YOU HAVE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We offer you certain choices in connection with your personal information, which may vary based on the privacy laws in your jurisdiction of residence. To update your preferences, limit the communications you receive from us; submit a request to access and correct the personal information we have on record about you; file a complaint; or withdraw consent where it was provided for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information; please contact us using the information in the “CONTACT US” section below. You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. You also may update certain of your account details and settings by logging into your account.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards designed to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure or use.
Our online environments and offline environments are designed for and targeted to audiences in the U.S. and Canada and are governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of those countries, as indicated. While users from other countries may access our online environments and offline environments, we make no representation that such environments are operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations.
Please be aware that by accessing our online environments and offline environments, or providing us with information, you understand and agree that:
- Information collected from you may be transferred to and stored on servers located outside your jurisdiction and may be accessible by the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of the jurisdiction to which your information is transferred; and
- Clicking on the "Contact Us" link on the online environment you are visiting;
- E-mailing our Customer Care Center at email@example.com (for U.S. residents) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for Canadian residents), Attention Privacy Officer;
- Calling our Customer Care Center at 1-800-728-5508 (for U.S. residents) or 1-877-442-7873 (for Canadian residents); or
- Writing to us at:
- U.S. Residents: Primo Water North America, Attention Privacy Officer, 200 Eagles Landing Boulevard, Lakeland, Florida 33810;
- Canadian Residents (English-language): Aquaterra Corporation dba Primo Water North America, Attention Privacy Officer, 1200 Britannia Road East, Mississagua, Ontario L4W 2T5;
Canadian Residents (French-language): Aquaterra Corporation dba Primo Water North America, Attention Privacy Officer, 9021 Boul, Métrepolitain Est, Anjou, Qx, H1J 3C4.