Culinary Ambassador Michael Reed recently joined Mountain Valley at the Taste America® culinary event presented by the James Beard Foundation in Los Angeles and he brought along his incredible Peach Glazed Baby Back Rib featuring Mountain Valley White Peach Sparkling.
To say the least, these ribs were the talk of the night at this walk-around tasting event that brought together chefs, special guests, and diners from across Los Angeles to celebrate independent restaurants and the James Beard Foundation's "Good Food for Good" mission.
Michael has been kind enough to share his recipe with us, so pick up some Mountain Valley White Peach Sparkling and gather your ingredients because you're going to want to make this one before summer ends.
Peach Glazed Baby Back Rib feat. Mountain Valley White Peach
Recipe by Michael and Kwini Reed
Peach Glaze feat. Mountain Valley White Peach Sparkling Spring Water
- 20 oz of fresh peaches, sliced
- 7oz sugar
- 1 fl-oz lemon juice
- 1 1/3 fl-oz champagne vinegar
- 7 fl-oz Mountain Valley White Peach Sparkling Spring Water
- 1 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp aleppo pepper
- In sauté pan over medium heat, add peaches and sugar cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with Mountain Valley White Peach Sparkling Spring Water, champagne vinegar, lemon juice.
- Add smoked paprika, Aleppo pepper. Let cook down until peaches are tender.
- Remove from pan and blend on high speed.
Pork Rib Rub
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fennel seed ground
- 1/8 cup black peppercorns ground
- 1/4 cup fennel pollen
- 3/4 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 1 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in bowl and mix well.
- Fully coat pork ribs before cooking.