These days everyone is talking about kombucha and its health benefits. Our friends at Walker Brothers Kombucha, founded by brothers Sam & Luke Walker, make high quality, low calorie craft kombucha out of Nashville. Their kombucha is open-fermented, unpasteurized, and brewed with organic ingredients for a good-for-your gut probiotic and nuanced flavor profiles.
To celebrate National Watermelon Day - or any day that ends in 'y' - the team at Walker Brothers helped us develop the Watermelon Glide cocktail. Turns out their Walker Brothers Watermelon Lime High Gravity Kombucha is the perfect complement for our Mountain Valley Spring Water Sparkling Key Lime Twist for a cocktail that is big on flavor, low on calories.
Find Walker Brothers at a store near you and let us know what you think of this celebratory seasonal cocktail by tagging @mountainvalleywater and @drinkwalkerbrothers, full recipe below.
Recipe developed by Walker Brothers in partnership with Culinary Garden Designer, Sara Gasbarra
- 1 large watermelon (we used yellow watermelon, but traditional red works great too)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 can Walker Brothers Watermelon Lime High Gravity Kombucha
- 1 333 ML bottle Mountain Valley Spring Water Sparkling Key Lime Twist
- 1 key lime, thinly sliced
- Citrus leaves
- Lemon verbena
Watermelon Simple Syrup
- Purée 2 pounds of the watermelon flesh in a blender or food processor until smooth (set aside some watermelon to slice and use for garnish)
- Strain the purée in a fine mesh strainer and reserve liquid
- Add sugar and whisk until it is dissolved
- Transfer to an airtight bottle or jar and refrigerate. It will keep for 1 week
- In a glass, pour watermelon simple syrup over ice until the glass is ⅓ full
- Pour Walker Brothers Watermelon Lime High Gravity Kombucha over the simple syrup until the glass is ¾ full
- Tuck thinly sliced key lime and watermelon slices into glass
- Top off with Mountain Valley Sparkling Key Lime Twist Sparkling
- Garnish with citrus leaves and lemon verbena, as desired (or any other aromatic herbs you have on hand)