If you're looking for the fluffiest pancakes, here's a pro-tip: add Mountain Valley Sparkling Spring Water to the batter. Our award-winning premium sparkling water is lightly carbonated and pleasantly fizzy, adding the perfect levity to your go-to pancake recipe.
Living gluten-free? No problem. Look no further than this recipe from our friend at Dolly and Oatmeal who uses Mountain Valley Sparkling Spring Water to make her version of everyone's breakfast favorite.
We like these light as air pancakes covered in our favorite seasonal berries, plenty of creamy butter and, of course, you can't forget the maple syrup. Don't take our word for it, the full recipe is below!
Fluffy Gluten-Free Pancakes with Mountain Valley Sparkling
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons vinegar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or oil of choice)
- ½ cup cold Mountain Valley Sparkling Water
- Spray oil, for cooking
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oat flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, pour in the milk, remove 1 ½ teaspoons of milk, then add in your vinegar, mix together and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry, add in the sparkling water and whisk until just incorporated. Let the batter sit for 5-10 minutes, until bubbly. Once it’s rested, do not mix the batter, mixing will release the air pockets and won’t give you the rise you’re looking for.
- While your batter is resting, heat the pan over medium heat. Once hot, spray to coat the pan with oil. Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using roughly ¼ cup for each pancake. Cook on both sides until the edges are crisp, and the pancakes are golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, using more oil as needed. Serve hot with all the toppings!