Mountain Valley Culinary Ambassador chef William Dissen of The Market Place in Asheville, NC knows how to whip up the fluffiest soft scrambled eggs. His secret? Well, Mountain Valley Sparkling Water of course. His addition of caviar makes this recipe a decadent way to elevate your breakfast game.
Dissen's technique is actually based on science. Adding sparkling water to scrambled eggs can have a unique effect on the final texture and fluffiness of the eggs. When you whisk eggs, you introduce air into the mixture, and the carbonation in sparkling water can further enhance this effect. The moisture is an important key to the best soft scramble as well.
We partnered with our friends at The Local Palate to bring this recipe to life, see William at work in the video below and then try the recipe yourself.
Soft Scrambled Eggs feat. Mountain Valley Sparkling Water & Caviar
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tablespoons Mountain Valley Sparkling Spring Water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 slice sourdough toast
- ½ tablespoon chives
- 2 tablespoons caviar (optional)
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until fully beaten and no visible egg whites remain. Strain the eggs through a fine mesh sieve into another bowl.
- Whisk in 1½ tablespoons of the sparkling water.
- Place the oil into an 8 inch nonstick pan and add the beaten eggs and butter into the pan. Place the pan on a burner over medium heat, and cook, stirring with a silicone spatula until the eggs are moist and just beginning to set.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to cook the eggs, stirring until the curds just begin to set into soft curds. Return the pan to the heat if the eggs need to cook further.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Place the soft scrambled eggs over a piece of sourdough toast and spoon the caviar across the top of the eggs. Sprinkle the sliced chives over the eggs and serve immediately.