Edward Crouse and Marie Stitt are no strangers to entertaining. As owners of the popular European-inspired cafe Babas on Cannon in Charleston - which pairs old world charm with Southern hospitality - the couple live, eat and breathe hospitality at work and at home. Back in May, the pair took over Mountain Valley's Instagram for cocktails and a conversation about how they like to entertain guests, even when celebrating might look a little different.
Edward and Marie shared their recipes for a great batched cocktail and a refreshing agua fresca - featuring Mountain Valley - sure to entertain during the holiday season and year-round.
The Best ‘Quaran-tini’
- 12fl oz of your favorite dry vermouth (Edward and Marie love Noilly Prat)
- 12fl oz of your favorite gin or vodka (Edward and Marie love Old Raj Gin and Highwire Vodka)
- 3 fl oz pf Mountain Valley Spring Water
- Your favorite garnish (a lemon twist, olive, cocktail onion, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients, except garnishes, in a decanter or freezer safe bottle
- Place batched martini and martini glasses in the freezer
- When you're ready to start drinkin' pour out approximately 3.5oz of martini into a frozen coupe or martini glass and add your favorite garnish
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 6 cups Pureed Watermelon
- 2 cups Mountain Valley Spring Water (still)
- ¼ cup Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- ½ cup Raw Sugar Simple Syrup
- Lime (for garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Serve over ice with a lime wedge, enjoy!
For the full conversation with Edward & Marie, check out our IG TV HERE.