Cherry Limeade Margaritas?! This is genius, if I do say so myself. There are days I crave a large cup of cherry limeade filled with crushed ice from Sonic to quench my thirst, especially after a day on the ball field watching my kiddos games.
I have always wanted to make cherry limeade at home, but never have. Finally, after seeing all the fresh and sweet cherries tempting me at the grocery store I had to give it a try.
I got the inspiration from this cherry limeade recipe – I loved that her recipe was so rustic and simple compared to others I had seen online. Most recipes are made with maraschino cherry juice and limeade, but this one is all fresh — made with fresh cherries and limes.
Throw in pitted cherries, lime wedges (skin and all), water, sugar, blend, and strain — that’s it. Place cherry limeade in a pitcher and refrigerate.
This drink is perfect as-is, but of course I wanted to spike this magical liquid with a bit of Exotico Tequila Blanco and for a bit of fizz I topped it with Mountain Valley Sparkling Water. The tequila adds a crisp and herbal aroma and the small bubbles from the sparking water complement the cocktail rather than overpowering it making the cherry limeade margaritas so refreshing.
Cherry limeade and tequila is a match made in summer heaven. I have a feeling that once you make this drink it will be a drink you will make all summer long. It’s perfect for a crowd and so refreshing.
- 3 cups cherries, pitted
- 2 limes, quartered (skin on)
- 5 cups water
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 ounce Exotico Tequila Blanco, per serving
- Mountain Valley Sparkling Water
- 1. Combine the cherries and limes in a blender with sugar and 2 cups of water. Blend until the ingredients are pureed.
- 2. Strain the juice and add the rest of the water through a strainer.
- 3. Serve in cocktail glasses filled with ice, stir in tequila, top with a splash of sparkling water, and garnish with cherries and lime slices.