Mountain Valley Culinary Ambassador Chef Crystal de Luna Bogan has perfected the art of the grilled cheese sandwich at her three The Grilled Cheeserie locations around Nashville. Now she is on a mission to make the best milkshakes and floats, often partnering with local brands and organizations for creative monthly specials. No flavors pairings are off limits and each creation is more inventive than the last, so it was no surprise Chef de Luna Bogan came up with a unique way to use Mountain Valley Sparkling Blackberry Pomegranate.
In honor of National Ice Cream Day, we are proud to present Chef de Luna Bogan's recipe for a Butterfly Pea Flower Float featuring Mountain Valley Blackberry Pomegranate and a magical twist.
- 6 oz Mountain Valley Springs Blackberry Pomegranate Sparkling Water
- 6 oz Vanilla Ice Cream or you can use your favorite non-dairy Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2-3 Fresh Blackberries
- 1/2 Lemon (juiced)
- 2 tbsp Butterfly Pea Flower simple syrup (directions below)
- Mix 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup water and 1 tsp butterfly pea flower powder (I like the Suncore brand) together and bring all ingredients to a simmer in a small pot over medium heat, letting sugar dissolve
- Remove from heat and chill
- In a 12-16 oz cup place blackberries and lemon juice in cup and smash with a muddler or back of spoon
- Add scoop of ice cream then the butterfly pea flower simple syrup
- When you're ready for the magic, pour Mountain Valley Blackberry Pomegranate over your mocktail mix and watch as an awesome color-changing reaction happens
- Pair with a gooey grilled cheese and have yourself a lovely National Ice Cream Day!