These days it seems like everywhere we turn something is infused with a hint of herbs or fruit to bring out nuances in a dish or drink. The combination of cucumber and mint with lemonade adds a refreshing zip to an already refreshing drink. Infusing can be done before you go to bed so it can be ready for you the next day. Preparation is a snap and the presentation is spectacular!
As a bonus, keep extra on hands for your guests who enjoy sipping on cocktails by adding 2 ounces of vodka to a double old-fashioned glass. Adults can enjoy the cocktail and the kids can enjoy the lemonade. Just be sure you don’t get your glasses mixed up!
SPARKLING CUCUMBER-INFUSED LEMONADE
Makes 4 servings
1 hothouse cucumber
3 fresh mint leaves
1 Mountain Valley Spring still water 33.8oz bottle
1 Mountain Valley Spring sparkling water 33.8oz bottle 1⁄4 cup agave syrup
1. Slice lemons and cucumbers into slices and place in 1 quart mason jar with mint leaves. Fill jar with Mountain Valley Spring still water. Place in fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
2. After 8-24 hours, take a large pitcher and remove half of the cucumbers, lemon and mint from mason jar and place in pitcher and fill halfway with crushed ice.
3. Muddle the remaining cucumbers, lemon and mint in the mason jar. If you do not have a muddler, a large wooden spoon will work. The goal is to press out as much of the juices as possible.
4. Strain muddled juice and pour into pitcher, add agave and stir.
5. Add Mountain Valley Spring sparkling water to pitcher and stir. Taste to see if sweetness is to your 509 President Clinton Avenue, Little Rock, AR 72201 // (501) 978-6329
liking. If not, add more.
6. Pour and serve with a nice cucumber and lemon slice garnish.
- Lyndi Fultz, nwafoodie
Arkansas Women Blogger member Lyndi Fultz writes about living and eating well from her life in beautiful Northwest Arkansas at nwafoodie. Much of her blogging inspiration comes from this gem of a place, which she refers to as the proverbial land of milk-and-honey. Read more related to cooking, entertaining, gadget suggestions, ingredient explorations, local finds, local restaurant treasures, kitchen tour spotlights, and always with a healthy and simplistic approach.