2021 has been a momentous year for Mountain Valley, it's our 150th birthday! With a birthday this BIG, we felt it was worthy of a year-long celebration and, of course, a signature cocktail or two. That's where our Culinary Ambassador, Braithe Tidwell, of the iconic Brennan's in New Orleans comes in.
Braithe, an accomplished wine director and whiz behind the bar, whipped up not one but two signature cocktails to mark this occasion: The Mountain Valley Buck feat. our Key Lime Twist Sparkling Spring Water and a Mountain Valley Rose feat. our White Peach Sparkling Spring Water.
The Mountain Valley Buck
A new spin on a Prohibition-era favorite, The Buck, is thought to have been created in the late 1890's. Here's what Braithe says about this cocktail: "It is a close cousin of the Vodka Collins & Mamie Taylor, and actually means any cocktail made with the addition of Ginger Beer. Typically, a Vodka Buck is often ordered under the name - The Moscow Mule, a new American favorite."
"I added fresh mint to this Vodka Buck and I love how refreshing this cocktail is with the Mountain Valley Key Lime while also having a spicy fall twist added by the ginger beer.”
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz lime juice
- 6 oz good ginger beer (like Fever Tree)
- 2 oz Mountain Valley Key Lime Twist Sparkling Spring Water
- Mint leaves
- Render or tear up a few mint leaves and sprinkle half in a wine glass and add vodka, lime juice & ginger beer.
- Fill glass with ice and add the other half of your torn mint in the glass.
- Top with Mountain Valley Key Lime Twist Sparkling Spring Water.
- Garnish with a mint sprig & lime wedge. Cheers!
Mountain Valley 150 Rose
Mountain Valley 150 Rose is a playful take on a Jack Rose, a popular American favorite from the 1920’s & 1930’s. Braithe says, “I chose this cocktail because I love the fact that Applejack, an original American spirit, and Mountain Valley, America's first bottled water, are married together to create an American classic - Mountain Valley 150 Rose.”
- 2 oz Laird's Applejack
- 1 oz homemade grenadine (recipe below)
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 2 oz Mountain Valley Peach Sparkling Water
- Slice of apple or pear and fresh berries for garnish
Homemade Grenadine recipe:
- 32 oz Pom wonderful pomegranate juice
- 8 oz lime juice
- .5 oz orange flower water
- 40 oz white sugar
- In a Collins glass, add Laird's Applejack, homemade grenadine and lemon juice.
- Add ice and stir.
- Top with Mountain Valley Peach Sparkling Water.
- Garnish with slice of apple or pear and fresh berries. Enjoy!