Nothing says summertime more than seasonal ingredients, outdoor grilling and fresh seafood! This recipe from our friend at Dude That Cookz has all that and more: Mountain Valley Sparkling Spring Water. It's not just for drinking, adding our award-winning sparkling water makes for a light, flavor-filled batter for fish that is then wrapped in a warm tortilla and topped with a grilled corn salsa. In a word, delish! Check out the full recipe below.
Fish Tacos with Grilled Corn Salsa feat. Mountain Valley Sparkling
- 3/4 Mountain Valley Sparkling Spring Water
- 4 soft tortillas, warmed
- 1 pound cod fish fillet, cubed
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 large organic egg
- 2 small limes
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- sour cream
- shredded cabbage
Grilled Corn Salsa:
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 medium avocados, cubed
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- Grill corn on the cob for 3-5 minutes per side or until slightly charred.
- Remove corn kernels from the cob and place in a large bowl along with red onion, tomatoes, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Whisk flour, cornstarch, egg, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder in a large bowl. Slowly pour in Mountain Valley Sparkling water. Lightly stir until combined.
- Heat skillet at medium-high heat and add an inch of cooking oil. Dip fish in the batter and fry for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve with soft flour tortillas and shredded cabbage. Top with corn salsa and sour cream.