The holiday baking extravaganza continues! We love to see when folks have fun coming up with unique ways to bake with Mountain Valley. Even better? When they come up with TWO ways to bake using Mountain Valley.
This recipe for Blackberry Pomegranate Monkey Bread Muffins from Tyler Schmidt of Schmidt Happens features Mountain Valley Blackberry Pomegranate Sparkling in both the dough AND the glaze for a delightful, flavorful and unique combination. So head to the store for some Mountain Valley, grab your supplies and start baking your way into 2023! Full recipe below.
Blackberry Pomegranate Monkey Bread Muffins
- 2 teaspoons active yeast, 6g
- 1/3 cup Mountain Valley Blackberry Pomegranate Sparkling, 80g
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 18g
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, 21g
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt, 12g
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bread flour, 160g
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, 40g
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 & 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, 35g
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, 38g
- 1 teaspoon blackberry juice
- 1 teaspoon Mountain Valley Blackberry Pomegranate Sparkling
- Add yeast to a medium size bowl. Pour the sparkling water over it. Add sugar and allow to foam up for a couple minutes. Then add butter, Greek yogurt, salt, vanilla, and bread flour. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until the dough comes together in a smooth mass. If it’s a bit sticky coming together, add a pinch or two of flour as you go.
- Transfer to a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm location until nearly doubled in size, about an hour.
- Place 6 muffin liners in a muffin pan and set aside. Place sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and stir to combine. Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Gently deflate the dough and remove from bowl and place on a lightly floured countertop. Press dough into an oval that is roughly 7” wide and 5” tall. Cut vertically into 6 slices. Cut each individual slice into about 5 pieces. Gently wrap the piece of dough into a ball and dip into the butter. Then roll in cinnamon sugar and place in muffin liner. Repeat with remaining dough. Add leftover sugar to butter and stir to combine. Pour a small amount, approximately half a tablespoon, into each muffin liner. Bake for 23-25 minutes until the tops are lightly golden.
- Make the berry glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar and sparkling water and/or berry juice. Spread over the rolls. Top with pomegranate arils if eating immediately.
- Store in an airtight container. Monkey bread muffins are best served day of but can be warmed in the microwave the following day. Hold off on adding pomegranate arils until monkey bread muffins have been reheated.
- Space out the monkey bread muffins in the muffin pan to allow for better air circulation and even baking in the oven.
- Use a silicon baking mat for easy cleanup when preparing the dough for the muffin pan.